The definitive guide to to surviving DFAS

So if you thought you were going to have a quiet weekend – sorry

DFAS, or Day For Admitted Students, is upon us. Though we all detest when any group, especially one with younger people, comes to campus, we must tolerate this one. You must remember your DFAS experience and how excited you were, so don’t be a dick.

They’re all going to be nervous and their parents are going to be a mess. Thats OK. Just give them and the students helping with the day space and little tolerance. We want them to join the Tribe, we want them to be a part of this family. One Tribe, one family.

Courtesy of The Stamps Foundation

So here is everything you need to know to avoid the masses and have a relatively normal weekend. Follow the five Ws.

Where – Mostly everywhere

Though a majority of the activities are going to be held either on or near the Sunken Gardens, there will be presentations happening at the rec, Kaplan, Sadler and ISC. You’re safe in Swem, Millington, Morton and Jones though. There are unlisted activities occurring around campus for smaller groups, expect those to be in the Business School, Blow and the Muscarelle.

Here’s the program so you can be sure.

Who – Admitted high schoolers and their entourages

So it’s not just the nearly 1,200 admitted students expected but also their parents, siblings, grandparents, neighbors, etc. It’s going to be a mad house. Expect the campus population to nearly double.

When – From 9am to 4pm, technically

Though these are the stated hours, expect people to start rolling in early at about 8am and leaving late, around 10pm. Be careful Saturday night with whatever your activities are, there will probably be more patrols by the popo.

Why – Cuz

This is an amazing school and we want people to come here! This is our weekend to shine and show what we’re made of, i.e. strut. So if you can’t help but yell obscenities in front of tour groups, please stay in, thanks.

What to do – Kill it

As a campus we will rock this DFAS like no other. Remember we are the College and the College is us.

Happy DFAS everyone!

William & Mary: College of William and Mary