Wake Forest is the 92nd best value for money school in America, says TIME

Do Demon Deacons get their money’s worth?

TIME has just released the 2016 Best Value Colleges Ranking, and Wake Forest is number 92.

MONEY claims that Wake Forest apparently is worse value than Duke (who came in at 39), UNC Chapel Hill (45), and Davidson (46).

The website says they “screened out schools with graduation rates below the median, financial difficulties, or fewer than 500 undergraduates, and the remaining 705 colleges were ranked on 24 factors in three categories: educational quality, affordability, and alumni success.

“Plus, MONEY measured comparative value, by assessing how well students at each school did vs. what’s expected for students with similar economic and academic backgrounds, and the college’s mix of majors.” The full methodology can be read about here.

One of the University’s most prized possessions, Wake Forest Business School

MONEY reports that 33 percent of students receiving need-based aid, and only six percent of students receive merit-based aid.

According to their findings, the average Demon Deacon will make $50,600 in their early career, which is significantly less than the tuition, which is just over $65,000. So, obviously, if you are making less money out of college than you were spending on University, you are not getting a “good value.”

After sitting in on about fifteen information sessions when I was visiting colleges, I learned a lot of ROI, return on investment. So, are we/our parents getting a return on the investment of Wake Forest?

We must consider how expensive Wake Forest is. So, while we rank 92nd on return on investment, 98 percent of students are employed or in graduate school immediately following graduation.

Wake Forest