The ultimate presidential debate workout

Make your body great again

The first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is expected to set television records, and could be the most-watched political event in history. But, a lot of people couldn’t care less about this election, much less the debate. Chances are you’re one of them.

If you are one of the many college students who hate both candidates and don’t give a shit about the debate, there is still a way to watch it and have fun. Throw on some gym shorts, and improve your physique with the 2016 Presidential Debate workout.

Twenty push-ups every time Trump says the word ‘immigration’

The Donald has been ranting about “criminals, drug dealers and rapists” all year, and it’d be surprising to see him suddenly change Monday night. So, every time the mogul gets riled up against illegal immigrants, you take the opportunity to get pumped yourself!

Fifty sit-ups every time Clinton laughs off a question

Hillary frequently dodges debate questions by laughing, giving her a few seconds to think and annoying every viewer. Instead of rolling your eyes, join the Democratic nominee by doing an ab workout of your own!

One-minute plank every time a candidate is asked a question about the military

Military members and families will be watching to see what their next boss will decide in the war against terrorism. Pay a little tribute to the servicemen by enhancing your PT with planks!

Don’t forget to hydrate during your political workout!

Thirty ab-twists every time your hear the words ‘free trade’ or ‘NAFTA’

The two candidates will probably go back in time with this hot-button 1990s political issue. Do your own throwback with this old-school ab workout!

One-minute wall-sit every time the moderator asks a stupid question

You probably won’t do this one too often. Debate moderators typically aren’t idiots, and they prepare their questions well in advance. Still, there’s bound to be something dumb that comes out of Lester Holt’s mouth during the event. When it happens, don’t just sit there scratching your head like most viewers – sit like a champ!

Put your back to the wall and sit so your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle with the floor for a good quad workout!

Get creative

Add your own mini-workout into the mix! Have a pull-up bar? Use it whenever the clash gets heated. Want a better leg workout? Do lunges every time you hear the word “ISIS.” Whatever works for you and keeps you engaged, add it to the list!

Now that you’ve gone through this quick guide, do it! No equipment needed, no political knowledge necessary. Get off your ass and re-define presidential fitness!

Virginia Tech