If every major at VT were a Game of Thrones character

We all know who are the Joffrey’s on campus

Many majors at Virginia Tech have certain stigmas attached to them. Those studying these majors typically fit a certain description, or at least that’s how the rest of the school sees them. Good or bad, here’s a list of 14 Virginia Tech majors personified by characters in Game of Thrones.

Engineering – Joffrey Baratheon

You just kind of want to smack him, huh?

Engineering majors will think it’s only fitting we start with them. You get the feeling these guys are always looking down on other majors, and know they’re part of the “elite.” However, as much as everyone else might hate to admit it, it is one of the most important majors at Tech.

Architecture – Gendry

“You’re headed to class? Ok, see you next semester.”

Hardworking and crafty, architecture majors disappear for insanely long periods of time, usually in the Architecture studio. Also, you certainly can’t argue that they’ll be important later on in life. (Seriously, though, where even is Gendry right now?)

Business Information Technology – Edmure Tully

Amazingly ordinary. There’s really nothing notable about this major, good or bad. It’s just kind of there. Have you ever had a more in depth conversation about it than:

“What’s your major?”

“BIT.”

“Oh, ok.”

?

University Studies – Viserys Targaryen

In a sense, University Studies majors start out with a lot of potential, depending on what path they ultimately go down. However, often times they’re just waiting for something to fall in their lap. Also, short lived: you can only be a University Studies major for so long, just like you can only be an obnoxious, overbearing brat in Game of Thrones for so long.

Public Relations – Lord Varys

The whole idea behind this major is diplomacy, and being able to read, foster and facilitate relationships, much like Varys. PR majors also tend to be on top of current events and always informed. Plus, almost everyone in PR is female…

Mathematics – Oberyn Martell

A little strange sometimes, but respectable overall. Math majors are very good at one particular thing, as Oberyn was very good in combat. They’re also strongly dedicated to math, much in the same way Oberyn was dedicated to revenge.

Journalism – Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish

I ask myself, “Will this action help make this picture a reality?” If the answer is no, I close Photoshop.

Like many Comm majors, Journalism majors feel like the whole world is against them, or at least all the other majors. They hear on a regular basis that they’re not that important and won’t amount to much. However, they do seem to enjoy the work they’re involved in.

Computer Science – Samwell Tally

Intelligent, but piss poor social skills. CS majors tend to stay in their comfort zone. The neck beard certainly doesn’t help either. If Samwell Tally studied at Virginia Tech, you know he’d be a CS major (or medieval history, but that’s not offered at Tech).

Animal and Poultry Sciences – Kahl Drogo

These guys are practically off campus and impossibly far from everything. They also have an unhealthy obsession with horses (and cows). It’s an unusual culture among Animal and Poultry Sciences majors that no one really knows much about, but we just trust them all to do their own thing.

English – Hodor

It’s difficult to have a solid conversation with English majors. They’re either correcting your grammar, or (like Hodor) practically speaking a different language altogether. It also makes you wonder what kind of horrifying event must have happened in their past to choose English as a major.

Theatre – Robin Arryn

If you’re studying Theatre at Virginia Tech, you’re probably still relying on mom and dad to pay for everything. Also, with the one building on the outskirts of Tech, Theatre majors don’t tend to know much of the world outside that building, and hardly anyone ever ventures inside it.

Religion and Culture – Melisandre

Possibly part of some weird cult or religion themselves, Religion and Culture majors are somewhat mysterious. No one outside this major is really sure what their plans are for the future, either. What are you guys up to?

Music – Podrick Payne

You never really think of Music majors unless one’s right in front of you. Music majors also seem perfectly content being “side character” majors. There’s no denying their very impressive talent, though (prostitutes in King’s Landing refunded Podrick’s money after a go in the sack with him…).

Political Science – Sandor “The Hound” Clegane

Almost always accompanied by another major (character) or a minor (Arya’s under 18, right?). Ok, that was a stretch.

Virginia Tech