Everything that makes Virginia Tech the best college to go to

As if we needed to spell it out for you

Sure you could go to any college in the nation, but why would you go anywhere but here? Here’s every reason that Tech is the best choice you could possibly make.

Ut Prosim

Our motto which means “that I may serve”. Hokies love to give back and serve others. That is evident in the 9,000 volunteers that participated in The Big Event this year even in the snow, and the fact that our Relay For Life is the biggest in the country. Whether you get lost on your first day of classes, or even need a door held open for you, our students are sure to help you and make you feel welcomed!

Enter Sandman

One of the highlights of football games in Lane Stadium is jumping up and down in the stands to Metallica’s “Enter Sandman”. Our stadium has been named in the Top 10 loudest college stadiums. And if you want some amazing proof of that, just look at the Richter scale from the Ohio State game this past season!

Best dining hall food

Among other records VT sets, we have the #1 college campus food according to Niche, and #3 according to Princeton Review. From Nutella crepes, Jamba Juice energy bowls, Chicken Parm day at Owens, or any of the other delicious meals on campus, you are sure to be eatin’ good!

Awesome hiking

If you aren’t an outdoorsy person now, you will be once you come to Blacksburg! The New River Valley is full of gorgeous views that you just have to see. Whether you want a pretty easy trail like the one to Cascades, or an intense hike to Dragon’s Tooth, Mother Nature will take your breath away if you venture out!

Benny’s… enough said.

But for those of you who haven’t tasted the majestic giant pizza yet, you must. What is better than a delicious cheesy slice of pizza bigger than your head?

Our Hogwarts-like campus

Many people compare the beautiful Hokie Stone buildings to the mystical Hogwarts campus. And it is quite gorgeous! Oh and you read that right – we have our own kind of stone.

Best Southern College Town 

As if VT didn’t have enough high ratings, Blacksburg was also just named “Best Southern College Town” by Garden & Gun’s Southern College Towns Bracket. Downtown Blacksburg is the place to be, especially for night life. TOT’s, Sharkey’s, El Rod’s, you name it—it’s probably lit.

Cadet v. civilian snowball fight

Yep, that’s right, whenever a snowstorm provides enough snow, the Corps of Cadets battle it out against the civilians on the drillfield!

Our friendly campus animals

Not only are our students super welcoming, but so are the critters! Squirrels have been known to be quite friendly and people even pick them up and take pictures with them! We even have a famous duck couple that has been spotted all over campus, named Jay and Bey.

The Cutest Mascot Ever

The most famous VT bird of all though, the Hokie Bird, is definitely the best mascot around. And if anyone ever asks you what the heck a Hokie is, the answer is “I AM!”

Virginia Tech