The best places to hangout on campus

It’s finally spring, so spend some time in the sunshine at these relaxing places on campus!

Now that it’s finally warm enough to be outside without your parka, spend some time in the sun at these great locations on campus!

The Pylons

What better place to get a great view of the Drillfield. This classic symbol of Virginia Tech also serves as a great place to check out all the cool things that are happening on the Drillfield that day.

The Drillfield!

There is nothing more iconic Virginia Tech than the Drillfield, so take advantage of it! Whether you lay out a blanket and do some reading, or throw around a Frisbee with some friends, it will always be a good time. There are always people doing cool things like slack roping, so try something new!

Outside of Squires

People are always walking their dogs through here, which makes sitting outside Squires even better! You are right next to ABP, Burger 37 and Oasis, so you have plenty of snack options. It’s also right outside the library, which makes this location great for a quick study break.

The Duck Pond

The duck pond is a super relaxing place to bask in the sun and get some studying done! You can hang out in the gazebo, go fishing in the pond, or hang a hammock between some trees. This is also a great running path for during the nicer weather.

The Hahn Horticulture Garden

This garden is less well known to most students on campus, probably because it is back behind McComas. This hidden gem on campus is a great area to relax for a bit, and even can be a great date spot!

Outside of Turner

If you are lucky enough to find a table, be sure to eat outside at Turner. Turner has so many great food options, including Qudoba, Jamba Juice, Brueggers, and Origami. Even if you only sit outside for 10 minutes, you are sure to see at least a few people that you know!

The Ag Quad courtyard

This little courtyard is a great place to get some work done. It is nestled between West End and the DrillField, but is always quiet. The small stone amphitheater is a great addition for students to hangout on between classes and get some work done.

The steps of Burruss

This may not be the best study location, but if you are waiting for a bus, stop for a second to check out the view! You also get a view of the April 16th memorial, so take a minute to remember our schools history and to appreciate everything you have.

The outside seating at D2

If you’ve got some time to kill, get a coffee from Deets, some French toast sticks from DX, or stop in at D2 and get something yummy! All the tables outside are great for group meetings on campus, especially to avoid being stuck inside when it’s so nice out!

All of the smaller courtyards in between the dorms’

When it’s warm outside you are sure to find groups of people tossing a football or just studying together in the grass. Each of these smaller courtyards has its own little charms, so visit a few to get a true feel for campus!

Virginia Tech