Vanderbilt was ranked the third most intense college in the US

We know how to anchor down, party hard, and get the best grades at the same time

Business Insider just released their newest rankings for the “most intense” colleges in the United States with Vanderbilt at the #3 slot.

To calculate various college’s ‘intensity’, Business insider combined four rankings from college information site Niche: colleges with the best academics, smartest students, best Greek life colleges, and top party schools.

You might think, well DUH, there’s no doubting Vanderbilt’s academic quality. As the so-called Ivy League of the South, Vanderbilt’s rigor and competitive mentality have earned its reputation as a top performing institution.

Photo Courtesy of vucommodores.com

But, most importantly, this list ranked schools on their ability to party hard as well. Well, us Vandy kids, we’ve got that one in the bag.

Vanderbilt is the definition of work hard play hard, shown by the number three ranking. Outrageous frat parties on Greek Row? We have them. Boozy Tailgates? Check. Amazing live music in downtown Nashville? Got it. College bar scene? For sure.

Getting paid more than you post-grad? Definitely check.

Photo by Kevin Barnett

Coming in at #1 was University of Pennsylvania, okay I can see it, those kids might be somewhat intellectual. UPenn and Vanderbilt constantly compete for students, so it’s no surprise that both Universities ranked in the top tier. Number 2 was given to Massachusetts Institute of Technology even though their party scene was only ranked an A compared to Vanderbilt’s A+; I’d like a re-score. But, let’s forget about the winners for a second and look at how Columbia (19) beat out University of Texas (20). Hook ’em horns? Not so much.

Now you know why we’ve been named the happiest college students in the nation by the Princeton Review two years running. These results are definitely not a joke.

This year around, the Princeton Review asked 136,000 students at 380 top colleges and universities to rate their schools on dozens of topics and report on their campus experiences. Our superiority is straight from the mouths of the students. Don’t worry, we accept transfers.

Vanderbilt