Man arrested for peeping into UVA student’s off grounds apartment

On October 11th a resident reported witnessing Gomez-Sanchez in the act of breaking into and entering their apartment

davidgomezsanchez

David Gomez-Sanchez, a 22 year old Albemarle County man, was arrested last night after several incidents had been reported over the past few weeks, involving a man that matched his description.

On September 13, 2016, on the 700 block of Madison Ave, two women reported being groped in their laundry room. It wasn’t until October 8t, 2016 that residents of apartments on the 1000 block of Preston Avenue reported a man peeping into their windows, and attempted to break into at least one of the ground-floor apartments.

On October 11th, however, a resident of one of the apartments into which he had been peeping the prior weekend, reported witnessing Gomez-Sanchez in the act of breaking into and entering their apartment. Whilst searching for the suspect, Charlottesville Police Department became aware that a woman had been groped, again, on the 700 block of Madison Avenue. Gomez-Sanchez was spotted in the area surrounding the 1000 and 700 blocks of Preston and Madison Avenue, and after a brief pursuit, by foot, were able to arrest him.

While Gomez-Sanchez is currently being held in the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail, without bond, investigations are still underway, as Charlottesville Police Department has reason to believe that he is connected to other incidents.

If anyone has any information about the aforementioned incidents or similar ones are requested to please contact Detective Lee Gibson at (434) 970-3280 or Crimestoppers at (434) 977-4000.

University of Virginia