The White House dessert parties are the best parties on Grounds

Still coming down from the sugar high

For anyone hoos ever been to a frat which consequently made you question all your prior life decisions, the White House on Chancellor Street is your existential solution.

The group of 15 girls living in this house hold parties a few times a year in which each girl makes a bite-sized dessert for attendees to sample while roaming the three floors of the house.

“The house is passed down through the inter-fellowship community (via lottery) as a community for fifteen second year girls,” said current resident Lauchlan Davis.

The directory on the front door initiates salvation before you even enter the house.

Another resident, Anna Pollard, said the dessert parties are “a wonderful tradition that the girls living there years ago began and we love continuing it this year.”

Anna, in her adorable bedroom.

Over the years, the dessert parties have become something students look forward to, especially since all are welcome. It’s not out of the ordinary for up to 500 students to attend.

This place was hopping with people all jacked up on sugar.

“We definitely have to bake lots of desserts, but everyone has fun doing it and welcoming people into our home,” Anna said.

The chocolate covered wafers Anna made

“Each girl spends several hours throughout the week preparing hundreds of desserts,” Lauchlan said. “Our kitchen gets quite busy.”

The apple turnovers made by Lauchlan

Raspberry AND cheesecake AND brownie all in one convenient and delicious bite.

Amy Kim and Lauchlan

Allison Parcell with the different kinds of bark she made. Oreo was my favorite!

Kristen Richey and Molly Adams with Molly’s magical pretzel/funfetti dip combination.

To balance out all the sweets, one of the rooms always includes a savory dish. This time around it was queso and tortilla chips

CHEEEEEEESE

Another incredibly non-fraternal aspect of the dessert parties is how cute and clean the house is.

Wish my apartment had a chandelier

And a yellow fireplace

And finally, it (meaning both the house and my article) wouldn’t be complete without at least one picture of a dog.

PUPPIES

The White House will be holding one more dessert party this year, later on in the spring.

If your friends like dessert, bring them with you. If your friends don’t like dessert, find new friends.

University of Virginia