Everyone at UVA hates Adele’s ‘Hello’

‘She just needs to say goodbye already’

After releasing her  six time Grammy award-winning album, 21, in 2011, Adele strikes again. This time she’s taking her “fuck you” attitude and her breakup songs to a whole new level.

Her newest ballad, “Hello,” a single off her album, 25, now leads the Top Hot 100 Chart for the third week in a row.

But not everyone shares the same love for Adele’s new single. We scoured UVA this week to find Adele’s haters on grounds, and here’s what they had to say.

Her song will remind you of your ex, every time…

“I could be having a great time, but it will just make me want to call my ex. My ex actually called me the other day and the first thing I asked her was, ‘did you just listen to Adele or something?'” – Teddy

“One time after a night of too much fun, I called my ex and screamed into the phone ‘I’M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING THAT I’VE DONE’ …He hung up.” – Eliza

Her song will actually bring out the other side of you…

Like unhealthy emotional attachments: “I have a playlist called ‘Hello.’ It’s only that song. I fall asleep to it. I don’t know why, but I have an emotional connection.” – Gaby

Or deep philosophical reflections: “My first reaction was a single tear from my right eye. I may not know how Adele feels, but her voice weaves into my consciousnesses. When I listen to Adele’s song it makes me yearn for love found and lost that I have never experienced.” – Olivia

Her song will remind you that you are forever single…

“‘Hello’ gets me in all kinds of feels about my ex-boyfriend that doesn’t exist. Yes, my love life is just a vast black hole. Thanks for the reminder, Adele.” – Katie

“My first reaction was damn, my girl Adele is back finally with another song hitting hard in the feels. But after listening more, now I just think how awful it’d be dating a singer like that…

“She’s going to write a song about what an asshole you were and then next thing you know every teenage girl is crying over a pint of Ben & Jerry’s hating you. That’s why I’ll never date Adele… And DEFINITELY not Taylor Swift” – Kyle

Her song will haunt you…

“So she’s definitely singing about somebody who died, right? Because if so, the whole ‘other side’ freaks me out. Is that too deep?” – Jacob

“From the moment the song begins, I want her to say goodbye. Seriously, she says ‘Hello’ like 20 times.” – Chris

We still love you, Adele.

University of Virginia