Why Thanksgiving birthdays are the best

FOOD

Having a birthday within reach of Christmas is awful. Or so I have heard. Apparently people confuse your birthday presents with Christmas gifts.

However, having a birthday around Thanksgiving is pretty fantastic.

Every year that Thanksgiving is in the last week of November, I get to celebrate both my birthday and the best food holiday. It sort of makes up for the whole winter birthday misfortune.

Having a Thanksgiving birthday I always get to be home for my birthday. After all, families always make birthdays special, even if it includes embarrassing you or squeezing you to death with love.

Also, being a Dallas Cowboys fan (haters gonna hate), I get to watch them play every Thanksgiving. Win or lose, its always fun to snack on finger food while cheering and yelling at the TV.

Most of all, the food. Food. Food. Food.

Turkey cooked to perfection.

Homemade stuffing with just the right combination of seasonings.

Sweet potato casserole with the little marshmallows on top.

Cranberry sauce that’s not from a can.

Fluffy cornbread casserole.

A bowl of freshly baked rolls.

And of course the gravy that you put over the entire plate.

To me, having a Thanksgiving birthday enables me to have two birthday meals. Thanksgiving is obviously the best food holiday of the year (sorry Christmas) and then I get to go out without my family and eat more great food.

I also get don’t have to worry about my birthday present to combine with those under the tree. Sorry not sorry, Christmas babies.

To conclude, I have an awesome birthday every year, thanks to Thanksgiving.

University of Virginia