The Cavalier Week in rewind

Everything that happened while you were focusing on the fourth year fifth

Here is a Cavalier week in review. So while you’re attempting to shake that fifth off (looking at you forth years) make the time to see if you remember any of the other things that happened while you were buying booze.

I don’t know about you, but Justin Anderson is feeling 22

Justin Anderson turned 22 on Thursday. He may not have celebrated in a Wahoo jersey, but we still love you Anderson. Even if you left us a year before you were supposed to. We aren’t sad or anything.

Smashing Duke

We beat Duke 42-34. Even though we still suck, we aren’t going to Bowl this year, and our coach gets paid way too much money, we are still better than Duke.

We put another nail in Duke’s coffin as they were expected to have a promising season. It may not really be news (because every Hoo knows it) but UVA is and always will be better than Duke. Even our football team is.

No Hot Line Bling for you

At least if you have Verizon. Verizon crashed this week and Hoos freaked out all over grounds. So when you started singing “you used to call me on my cellphone” the person you were waiting on was probably singing Hello?

This isn’t football… right?

We lost to George Washington in the second game of the season. Instead of dwelling on the heartbreak however, let’s discuss the classless act of them storming the court. Thanks for the compliment GW fans! So here is some repayment for your admiration: you don’t live in Hawaii. Get rid of those tacky shirts next time.

Real Talk

Thursday marked the one-year anniversary of the fabricated Rolling Stone article. In case you missed the article we wrote about the ongoing effects of their story, check it out.

Fourth Year Fifth

The Saturday you won’t remember to tell people about. Maybe one-fifth is worth telling?

Best Yak

It’s good to back in the saddle

It may have been a slow start but we beat Bradley by a whopping 30 points. So we are still one of the best. Not like we ever doubted that or anything.

University of Virginia