This season is looking as good as Coach Tony Bennett

BASKETBALL BASKETBALL BASKETBALL

It’s that time of year again: three point swishes, rattling rims echoing after slam-dunks, squeaking of shoes on a shiny hardwood floor and fans screaming in the sardine packed stands. Basketball season is upon us and the nervous excitement consumes all basketball loving Hoos.

After a devastating lost way too early in the NCAA Tournament, the loss of both Justin Anderson (first round baby!) and Darion Atkins, and being handed one of the hardest out of conference schedules, the 2015 season proves to have demons. However, the Cavaliers may just be in for the best ride yet.

Top scorer, Malcolm Brogdon, is returning.

Malcolm at his most attractive

London Perrantes is back to reclaim the lead on the assist board.

Rebounds are game changers and Anthony Gill has the team covered there. He also has a new haircut – game changer.

Not to mention Evan Nolte will provide some killer threes.

Mike Tobey is also returning as a post powerhouse.

Joe Harris, right, Evan Nolte, middle, and Mike Tobey, right, wishing us an early Christmas. With kittens.

Then there is also exceptional talent in Isaiah Wilkins and Marial Shayok.

Isaiah also now has lasers for eyes, which is a huge offensive benefit

And don’t forget about the Darius Thompson’s first time in a Cavalier jersey.

All of this amazing talent, led by the extraordinary Tony Bennett.

LOOK AT THAT SMILE

Phew. That is one deep team with a strong bench.

We have the talent. There is no doubt. But can we go the distance? We have so much going for the team; however, there is one downfall they have hopefully fixed during the offseason.

The team is one of the best when it comes to controlling the game. Last season Cavaliers controlled the speed and pace, and molded it to their liking: meaning they slowed the tempo down.

Teams struggled to find a rhythm when the Hoos were in control. Their nemesis lied in losing control. The team was rarely able to recover and frayed like a kid tugging at stray thread on a sweater. If they have added the ability to recover after a hit to their repertoire, then this season is going to be one hellUVA season.

It’s a new season with an experienced team that has grown. Most teams dream of being able to say that. *cough cough* the Blue Devils…

Our past two ACC title rings

So boys, pick up that basketball and get to work. Another ACC Title is ringing out like the Good Ol’ Song and the March Madness finals are at rims height.

Tip-off is at 7pm TONIGHT. Be there or be a Hokie.

University of Virginia #virginia acc basketball brogdon malcolm brogdon tony bennet uva virginia basketball