TDX hosted Waka Flocka and it was EPIC

He took a video of himself rapping on a third year’s phone

After the famous “Afroman comes to Theta Chi” incident, we really didn’t expect to see another rapper at a frat house.

A ruined laptop, a crowd of angry teenagers and what could only be described as a madhouse, the Afroman debacle was really the talk of the town.

But that incident has been trumped, by none other than Waka Flocka himself.

TDX was able to secure Waka for a performance for a solid 30 minutes. The cost? A mere $6,000 and the promise of a HIGH FLYING time.

One of the brothers told us: “When he got here it was absolutely insane with everyone taking pics and trying to get autographs. He chilled with the brothers.”

This event was highly publicized, and if you knew a brother, or if you knew someone who knew a brother, or if your roommate’s cousin’s (twice removed) brother knew someone in TDX, you were asking them to get you on the list.

Of course they had the usual “As many girls as you want, but only a few boys” rule for each brother, but did the Afroman incident scare people off?

Apparently not: “The crowd was unreal. About 500-plus kids in our house with over 200 in our basement pushing and shoving to get towards the front of the stage near Waka.”

Everyone had a good time though and junior Stafford Brown was on stage and able to capture this video:

If you listen closely, you can hear people shouting for Waka – and to stop pushing.

Being on stage did have its perks: Stafford’s phone was taken by Waka, and he recorded this video on it before returning it to him:

One thing is for sure, TDX deserves a massive round of applause for being able to pull this off: as a more low-key frat, this is definitely a way of putting themselves on the map for first years that will go through the rush process in the spring.

Wishing you a happy pledge class full of Waka-loving first years.

University of Virginia university of virginia uva