Preacher calls UVA men whoremongers and says footballers will go to hell

Girl removed her shirt in protest and sat in her sports bra

A fundamentalist Christian man used the Amphitheatre as his pulpit yesterday to enlighten UVA students about their sins.

The man, who refused to reveal his name, claimed to be a traveling preacher visiting various universities.

He condemned people who have sex, women who show too much skin, fraternities and sororities, the LGTBQ community, people who masturbate, and practically everyone else on the planet.

The man speaks with a policeman and a UVA dean

The man used words such as “whoremongers” to describe men who have sex with women outside of marriage, and “whoremonger wannabes” to classify those who want to do so, but don’t have the opportunity.

A crowd of students mingled around the Amphitheatre, asking questions or openly disagreeing with his views. One student asked about “all the wine that Jesus drank” when the man turned to the subject of the evils of alcohol.

Another student, Anne McLaughlin, was sitting on the grass when he started to speak. She then removed her shirt in protest and sat in her sports bra throughout the remainder of his tirade.

“It’s on the brink of a hate crime,” she told The Tab. “UVA is a public space, but we pay tuition to go here, and we don’t do that to be publicly shamed.”

McLaughlin also said the man blamed sorority women for taking the virginities of freshman men.

The video shot by students nearby.

Another female student reports questioning the preacher when he claimed all football players were going to hell. He apparently responded by telling her she was the type of girl who has sex with those players in the locker room.

The same man has visited UVA in previous years and gave similar lectures on the immorality he perceives to be taking place on grounds.

The long-winded sermon finally ended, much to students’ relief, when the UVA police and a dean arrived and asked the man to leave.

Students shout back at the man.

University of Virginia uva