Knife-wielding man snuck into student’s apartment near USC while she slept

The trespasser wrote on the walls of a study room with what seemed to be blood

A man has been arrested after sneaking into a USC student’s apartment at West 27th Place, wielding a knife and writing in what appears to be blood on her wall while she hid in the bathroom and called 911.

Rachel Meyers, a fellow student living at West 27th, told ABC7: “He broke into an apartment residence on the third floor, took a kitchen knife and was screaming that people were trying to kill him.”

“Looking at it was straight out of a horror movie, and I felt so, so unsafe,” said Meyers.

The apartment block is privately owned and managed, though very near USC campus.

Meyers Snapchatted the damage left in a fifth floor study room. The man carved into the floor with what appears to be a knife, and also left a message on the walls, potentially written with his own blood.

Residents suspect the trespasser snuck in through a balcony, then made his way down the halls into the student’s apartment where a girl was sleeping.

According to ABC7, the incident has left students feeling unsafe and upset at management, who posted security notices on doors at least a day after it occurred.

The suspect has now been arrested.

Photo credit: ABC7

University of Southern California