USC’s reputation ranked among the top 100 in the world

Our student body is 20% international, so clearly the world is taking notice

Citing our long history of beating the odds and exceeding expectations, and drawing special attention to our prestigious School of Cinematic Arts, The Times Higher Education ranked us as 66th out of all the universities in the world.

Always ready for battle

The results were based on research, teaching, and overall reputation. Though we have room for improvement, number 66 in the world is pretty impressive, especially given that it places us in front of such schools as Brown University and Washington University in St. Louis (and isn’t fighting on to the finish, no matter the standing or the odds, part of what it truly means to be a Trojan?). Though we’re behind Cal and UCLA on this list we beat them at football last season and we’re obviously going to beat them again this year so clearly we’re winning in what matters.

The report stated that “[USC] initially welcomed only 53 students [but] has since grown into an internationally renowned research university and the largest private-sector employer in its city.”

As this is Los Angeles, the mere fact that we are the largest private-sector employer in the city is astounding, and definitely something to be proud of (take that, UCLA). We have also grown from only 53 students on one campus to over 4,000 faculty spread between 21 separate schools over two campuses, and we just keep growing bigger every year.

“Physicist Murray Gell-Mann, who postulated the existence of quarks and gave them that name, is one of five Nobel laureates. Home to a School of Cinema Arts since 2011, the university numbers among its alumni many who have gone on to achieve great fame in show business such as Hollywood stars John Wayne and Clint Eastwood and film-maker George Lucas. Equally notable is astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon.”

Photo courtesy screenrant.com.

George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, AND Neil Armstrong? Nothing else need be said.

University of Southern California