We spoke to the USC students supporting Trump

They’re manning a stand right now by Tommy Trojan

The organization Students for Trump USC are currently set up by Tommy Trojan and ready to answer questions.

Daniel Wahl, who’s manning the stand, said: “He’s gonna put America first, restore the rule of law in this country. Good for the economy, national security.

“Something really important to me is taking care of our veterans. Social Security and Medicare. He’s authentic.”

When asked, “Why not Ted Cruz?” he responded, “Ted Cruz cannot negotiate and is Canadian born”.

There’s also an opportunity to fill out a ticket indicating who you’re voting for… sort of.

Responses seem to be mixed at present. One passerby said, “I think that this will bring new voices to campus. I feel as though this stand will give people an opportunity to hear different opinions.

“I don’t necessarily support Trump, but I’m not against other voices on campus. People shouldn’t be intolerant, you know?”

A second Trump supporter said: “I personally don’t like Ted Cruz. I think he’s too radical, his ideas are too extreme. I don’t think his [Cruz] message will appeal to the general public.

“I like that he wants to secure a border, and let people in, but let people in legally. I don’t think it’s fair for people to go over the border and jump the line.

“I like his economic policies, and his trade. I don’t know the details, but I believe he’ll tackle them properly. He is a successful businessman.

“I also support his stance on political correctness. I hate people who want college to be a safe space. College needs to be a space to have discussions.

“Finally, Hillary has special interest groups. He doesn’t.”

That said, another was more blunt – we asked if they knew there was a Trump rally right now.

The response was: “No, he’s an idiot”

Some have taken to Yik Yak to voice their support for Trump’s movement.

At present the stand isn’t driving very much attention – the mood is fairly quiet and within an hour of being set up, there wasn’t a huge amount of attention being garnered.

University of Southern California