Here’s why Georgia Tech doesn’t stand a chance at Homecoming

We’ll have the Yellow Jackets at our Heels

This weekend our beloved Tar Heels will take on (and defeat!) the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in football. There’s no way GT will pull through this Saturday, especially with the pressure on the Heels to win this game.

Carolina has this game in the bag–here’s why:

UNC is 6-2 and GT is 5-3. Statistically speaking–even if it is only by one game–Carolina is superior. And as we all remember, one of those Tar Heel losses is due to Hurricane Matthew. Can GT say they played football in the middle of a hurricane?

Do the Yellow Jackets even have a basketball team? Have they ever made it to a National Championship? I know we’re talking about football, but our school overall has numerous athletic strengths and I think that’s worth mentioning.

Is this mascot for real? Photo: Derek Cook / Flickr Creative Commons

What kind of mascot is a yellow jacket, anyway? The Tar Heels have a historically significant name, tied to the history of our state. Yellow jackets are literally pests.

When was the last time they won a national title…in any sport? Between UNC’s basketball, soccer, field hockey and lacrosse team, it’s hard to keep track of all the Tar Heel’s national championships.

(Has anybody figured out what the point of their mascot is yet?)

The Tar Heels tackling the Yellow Jackets to gain possession. Photo: Hector Alejandro / Flickr Creative Commons.

No one can punt return like Ryan Switzer can. Get ready to put three fingers up, Tar Heels, because we’re going to Switzerland.

We have home field advantage. That is all.

UNC has a better offensive line than GT. Our players are young and full of energy. Hell, our defensive line is also really solid. We have the depth to beat most teams in our division. I haven’t even mentioned our special teams yet (Weiler, anyone?)

UNC still has a chance at winning the ACC Coastal Division title. Besides Virginia Tech, the Heels are pretty much the only relevant team in the ACC Coastal right now.

UNC’s Bug Howard is one of the best players in college football, and he could single-handedly take down the Yellow Jackets. His height alone makes him impossible for defenders to handle. All Mitch Trubisky needs to do is get the ball to Howard and the game will already have been won.

UNC Football Coach Larry Fedora leading the team to victory. Photo:  Johanna Ferebee / Flickr Creative Commons.

Let’s remember that we defeated GT in 2014 and 2015. WE already know what we’re facing so we can win quickly and painlessly. Third times a charm, so we’re guaranteed to win this one. Am I right or am I right?

Larry Fedora > Paul Johnson. That’s just common knowledge.

There you have it, folks. This weekend’s homecoming game will end just as it has for the past two years–with GT taking the L.

UNC