We asked how you handle tripping over the bricks

I got 99 problems and the bricks are like 42 of them

It could happen to anyone, anywhere, but especially at UNC. One moment you’re laughing and enjoying life, and the next you’re on the ground. Many people may walk by with a smirk, but those are the same students who will soon meet their fate by tripping on another brick.

Not only do we have a ridiculously large campus to trek (although it is one of the most beautiful in the country), we have to tread lightly to avoid the beautifully deceitful red bricks. We asked a few students how they handle the inevitable fall.

Adam, sophomore, Music

Adam is one of the lucky ones who has never endured a scraped knee

“I’ve actually never tripped over one.”

Okay bye, Adam.

Britain, junior, Pre-Med

Chic attire distracts from the face plant

“Jog it off. No, actually, just get up and laugh at myself at that point.”

Anonymous, studying abroad from England

Hannah has her own obstacles on foot in England

“I’ve literally never tripped over bricks, as I pride myself on my elegance and poise.”

Meg, junior, Pre-Med

Seems like this chick has the grace and poise she claims to lack

“Fall over without any grace or poise because being awkward is my forte.”

Ada, junior, Communications

Take the bus to avoid public humiliation

“I don’t trip over them. I’m a goddamn graceful swan.”

Or maybe she minimizes walking.

Emily, junior, Global Studies

TREAT YO’SELF if you have had a less than stellar day

“I haven’t tripped on one. Guess I’m one of the lucky ones.”

As for my personal story, I literally ate shit on the bricks near Carroll Hall while going up the first step. A half-gurgle/half-pathetic, “what the hell” cry of anguish escaped me.

Lying on the ground with a few papers scattered, I looked around at a relatively empty surrounding area. Oh, the perks of being late to class. Note: I was a sophomore at the time. The bricks do not discriminate against class standing. Beware.

You don’t have dignity left to feel ashamed about sending ‘I’m so dumb’ snaps in public

Good luck dealing with this challenge for however many years you have here. Maybe this is why people stare down at their phones all the time?

UNC