These TV characters would fit right in at UMass

Being able to succeed at a school this large and this crazy takes a special sort of person

It’s not easy going to a school where every day there are approximately 30 events, seven rallies, a few dozen protests and campaign promotions as well as 25,000 students attending classes. And I haven’t even mentioned the night life.

There is no denying that it takes a certain kind of person to really exemplify the types of students that would thrive at UMass Amherst, but I think that these well-known television characters just might have what it takes.

Lorelai Gilmore

Her obsession with coffee, food and trashy television make for the perfect college student, especially a Minuteman. She would be the perfect friend to have on campus because you know she’d always be down for some Late Night or a morning Dunkin’s run.

Plus, she will always be down for a night of binge watching an entire season of House of Cards while consuming an unnatural amount of Wings Over.

Jim Halpert

His constant avoidance of actual work in order to prank Dwight never seems to equate to his successfulness as one of the top salesmen at Dunder Mifflin. But that’s the magic of UMass students – we are always able to get our work done even though we are all master procrastinators. We may have watched every season of Game of Thrones or managed to attend every event on campus that week, but we somehow also are able to pass in our papers on time.

Stephen Hyde

He is liberal, he is witty, he is in a constant state of inebriation. While, of course, not all of UMass is as frequently under the influence as he is, there is no doubt that he embodies the reputation of “the Zoo” and would probably spend most of his afternoons enjoying the sunset from Orchard Hill. But, like a true minuteman, he can still be counted on to know the answer to almost any question that comes his way with sources and page numbers.

Liz Lemon

Liz knows how to balance sleep, work and food – the triad all UMass Students struggle with. If she were attending the Zoo, you’d probably be able to spot her in line for some Baby Berk tater tots while also chatting with her TA on the phone and catching up on some readings. You know, the usual finals week craziness. She embraces the crazy all around her and uses it to her advantage and she understands that the secret to success is to just not care about what others think of you.

Leslie Knope

She’s an activist, she barely sleeps, she can party hard and she is motivated as hell. Leslie Knope would take UMass Amherst head on with multiple majors, running for student body president and the head of at least three RSO’s. There is no denying that Leslie would emerge from UMass as one of the most successful Political Science majors we’ve ever seen.

UMass Amherst