The drunk UConn mac ‘n’ cheese fiend used to study at UMass

We kicked him out of a dining hall first

A nine minute video of a UConn student drunkenly demanding bacon jalapeño mac ‘n’ cheese, and eventually getting arrested, went viral this week.

But it gets better: If you were on campus last year, you went to school with him.

Luke Gatti,the belligerent 19-year-old in the video, was reportedly expelled from UMass Amherst during the Fall 2014 semester after a string of arrests for disorderly conduct on the always lovely Phillips Street. The University did not confirm this when we called this morning.

Gatti lived on the third floor of Melville Hall during his few months as a freshman at UMass. He enjoyed disappearing into his dorm room to smoke copious amounts of weed for days at a time, avoided showering, and often quoted Marilyn Manson over dinner at Hamp.

The freshman was so notorious for the few months he attended UMass, he is known as “Repeat Party Offender” on Amherst resident Larry Kelly’s blog.

Luke Gatti in court as seen on a local news blog, Only in the Republic of Amherst.

He even yelled “fuck you n*****” at police as they were trying to control party crowds on Phillips Street.

The bacon jalapeño mac ‘n; cheese incident is not the first time Gatti has been kicked out of a dining hall.

According to a Berkshire dining hall manager, Gatti was kicked out of Berk last fall for disorderly conduct.

The “Drunk Kid Wants Mac ‘n’ Cheese” video has over two million views.

The viral video of a familiar face reached Berk and they quickly updated their menu.

The greatest honor Berk can give.

Students flocked to Berk on Wednesday night to enjoy the Gatti-inspired Late Night special.

The line was out of the door.

Eagerly awaiting bacon jalapeño mac ‘n’ cheese

But bacon-flavored dreams were crushed on Wednesday night. As of 9.30pm Berk cancelled the Late Night mac ‘n’ cheese special.

A pretty big risk to take, considering Gatti’s infamous reaction to his withheld macaroni at UCONN.

Fortunately, no arrests were made in the line for Late Night.

Disappointed crowd retreats to JA.

Why tempt the people of Southwest and beyond with the promise of Gatti’s drunk food of choice only to take the bacon-flavored concoction away?

“It’s just too soon,” said the Berkshire dining hall manager.

It might be too soon to dedicate a menu to Gatti here at UMass, but here’s hoping he gets a bowl of bacon jalapeño mac ‘n’ cheese sometime soon.

Judging by the video, the former Minuteman really, really, wanted it.

‘What rules? Just fucking give me my food’
-Luke Gatti

UMass Amherst