Last minute formal dates are actually the best

Honestly, formal season is more stressful than finals season

Springtime means UGA spring parties and amazing weather, but it’s also formal season for the 27 percent of UGA students who are involved in Greek life. While it’s easy to be set up by friends on other date nights, formal is different because you have to be with your date for the whole day.

It’s important to ask your dates weeks in advance so they they can get the proper attire. But what happens when you’ve already asked a few dates or you’re still trying to find a date the week before?

Plot twist: The world doesn’t end. In fact, it usually works out.

Megan Corriveau poses with her date Paul on the bus to Chateau Elan.

UGA student Megan Corriveau said: “Finding a good date to formal is important because it’s directly related to having a good time. You know you’re going to have fun with your friends, and formal is always decorated really nicely in a fancy place. Having a good date is the last step in a recipe for a great night.”

Megan found her date a week before formal after a few people she asked couldn’t make it.

“A lot of other sororities had formals that night too, so one [guy] was going home but the other was already going on another formal, so I probably shouldn’t have waited so long to ask.”

After all of the stress of struggling to find a date, she said she found the perfect one.

“We danced a lot and he made sure that I was having a good time, which was really nice.”

Meredith Pittman asked four people before she found a date. She knew she wanted a formal date who was “fun and outgoing and would be respectful of me, my sisters and the event itself.”

Meredith and her date Jackson almost didn’t remember to take pictures at the formal event because they were having too much fun.

Meredith ended up taking one of her best friends as her date.

“It was a blast. The stress was worth it because it is over with now and everything went really well.”

Even though formal season is almost over, this is a reminder that everything doesn’t always work out according to plan. Dates may bail, but it doesn’t mean that you won’t have a great time at the big event.

University of Georgia national-us