Look at all the adorable puppies at Theta Chi’s Dawgs on the Lawn

The fraternity raised $3500 for the Athens Humane Society

Over 30 puppies took over Athens this week at Theta Chi’s Dawgs on the Lawn. The fraternity partnered with the Athens Humane Society to present the philanthropy event.

It was a huge success, and with over 1000 attendees of all ages, the fraternity raised $3500 from t-shirt sales and donations.

Photo credit: Abby Kousouris

By the end of the day, all of the puppies were beyond exhausted. Some even tried to sneak in naps between pictures.

Photo credit: Abby Kousouris

Photo credit: Abby Kousouris

But most of the time the puppies were too busy meeting new people, with dog lovers from all over Athens in attendance.

Entire families came to play with the puppies and maybe even adopt one. Some puppies were so tired they’d fall asleep in people’s arms.

This fluffy bundle of love was a crowd favorite

Another crowd favorite – Chi Chi, the tutu-wearing French Bulldog

There were t-shirts, barbecue and even French crepes for sale.

Photo credit: John Paul van Wert

Photo credit: John Paul van Wert

Theta Chi held a contest for sorority attendance – the winning sorority, Tri Delta, got to name the fraternity’s new house puppy.

Photo credit: Abby Kousouris

Photo credit: Abby Kousouris

The brothers of Theta Chi had a hard time saying goodbye to the puppies, and even decided to adopt a few at their house.

Eddy Figueroa, Theta Chi’s Philanthropy Chair, organized the event.

He said: “I was blown away by the support of the Athens and UGA community and I hope everyone comes back next year.”

Will there be a Kitties on the Lawn next fall? We’ll just have to see.

University of Georgia