UGA is the best school in Georgia, the SEC and probably the USA

Athens is the quintessential college town

It’s clear that students all over the country believe their school is the best. And whether it be because of the social life, academics, or simply just the town itself, every school certainly has their own unique selling points.

With that being said, UGA excels in all aspects of the college experience, quite possibly making it the best school in America.

First of all, we’re really smart

Sadly, academics at schools like Alabama and Ole Miss have given SEC schools a bad rep, but these schools don’t compare to UGA. Every year, it seems harder and harder for incoming freshman to be accepted as UGA is growing to be more selective.

Once you’re in though, you are guaranteed one of the best educations in the country. Teachers genuinely care about their students’ success here, and students are constantly pushed to be better. In addition to class, UGA has incredible resources to help students prepare for their future careers.

The social life is fantastic

Although the academics at UGA are rigorous, that doesn’t mean we don’t know how to have a good time. UGA has been voted “America’s #1 party school” in the last few years, and it is definitely a well-deserved title.

Not only are there an almost unsettling amount of bars in such a small vicinity, but there are countless tailgates and parties put on by the fraternities every fall and spring. Any type of person can find their social niche at UGA.

Athens is great all on its own

Between all the stores, bars and restaurants, there is always something to do in downtown Athens. Many college towns are home to that one “awesome restaurant” or that one “super fun bar,” but in Athens, the options are limitless.

One of the biggest perks of living in Athens is all the different, unique neighborhoods in such a small area. From Normaltown to Five Points, each neighborhood offers its own variety of people and shops.

Each of these neighborhoods is also home to their own restaurants, serving up world-class food at affordable prices. Oh, and not to mention, we are located only a little over an hour from Atlanta.

We have sweet tunes

Being a student at UGA means you have access to two of the South’s most well known music venues: The 40 Watt and the Georgia Theatre. Both venues host a wide variety of up and coming and well known bands. In addition to the venues, Athens hosts Slingshot and AthFest, two awesome music festivals. Whether you like rap, alternative, or country, there is always some sort of concert to fit anyone’s music taste.

The best for last – our football team

Football season at UGA is truly something magical. For the entirety of every fall, students muster up strength every home game to wake up as early as 7am to tailgate and cheer on their Dawgs. Whether you want to go to a fraternity, Meyers quad, or just a bar, there are countless places to tailgate.

Once the tailgate is over, students and fans pack into Sanford Stadium where the true craziness begins. A sea of red and black cheers on the team every game, creating an electrifying feeling that can’t be matched.

Without question, football season at UGA is pretty hard for any other school to beat.

University of Georgia