We asked freshmen for their wildest high-rise stories

‘Our neighbors were literally funneling beers across the hallway until the morning’

We all have our stories from freshman year. Putting so many college kids in a small space will naturally cause some serious shenanigans, but you just can’t make this stuff up.

The Tab UGA asked a few freshmen to share their very own horror stories from living in the high-rises.

Wesley, Creswell 9th floor

“One night out of the blue, some random dude barges right into our dorm. He was carrying a sandwich and mumbling about how he plays guitar for UGA. He picked up my friend’s ukulele, said he needed a pick and started using a pair of scissors instead. We forced him out, and he snatched our potted plant and stumbled on down the hallway.”

Steven, Creswell 9th floor

“I walked out into the hall and a frisbee barely missed my head. Two guys were playing disc in the hall. A couple minutes later, the fire alarms went off and I bolted outside to find the two guys freaking out and laughing because they accidentally set it off with a frisbee. I just left. I wasn’t even mad.”

Kristen, Dillion and Collin, Creswell

“We played a massive manhunt game with over 40 people and hid throughout the entire building. There were people hiding in bathrooms and stairwells and everything.”

Hunter, Brumby 9th floor

“We were having a Febreeze fight in the hallways. It was going well until our friend Tommy started angrily chasing my friend around with a half full milk jug. He freaked and started sprinting away, tried to run through a door but didn’t open it fast enough and smashed his head right into the frame. He ended up with four stitches. Needless to say, he has a reputation around here now.”

Haley, Creswell 4th floor

“In the mornings we play ‘shower karaoke’ while we wait for stalls to open. It’s a huge competition – we bring speakers, everyone practices…we even have laminated sheets with lyrics to use in the stalls.”

Ota, Creswell 9th floor

“The ridiculous amount of lady bugs in here on a daily basis is insane. Everyone’s always complaining. I’ve seen 10 or 15 in my dorm room at a time. There’s always an infestation in the hallways.”

Nate and friends, Russell 4th floor

“We’ve got six freshman guys living in one big room – a study room they just threw some beds into. It’s a party in here seven days a week. You see people you don’t know and just assume they’re there for a reason. There’s a frat guy, a deep South white dude, a Chinese kid, me – the group is crazy in here. Something’s happening every day.”

Jordan, Creswell 9th floor

“There’s this guy from the floor above us that regularly walks up and down our hall playing guitar and singing. He’ll walk into your room and sit down with his guitar like it’s perfectly normal. All of us think it’s hilarious, but he’s completely serious.”

Zachary, Brumby

“Our RA of all people found some cheap roller blades at Goodwill for a couple bucks. He brought a few pairs back and we skated up and down the hallways for a couple hours. Pretty good Tuesday night.”

Mike, Russell 3rd floor

“Eleven or twelve hallmates – not me – stole a table from the study lounge and started playing beer pong with it in a dorm room. Throughout the night, they were literally funneling and shot gunning beers across the hallways and in the bathrooms until the morning.”

University of Georgia