We asked you ‘What’s up with Ben Carson?’

‘Kanye reached out to him and he said no’

With questionable comments on the real purpose of the pyramids to claiming he received a “full West Point scholarship,” Ben Carson has been surrounded by controversy.

We asked UGA’s students one simple question: “What’s up with Ben Carson?”

Some students were fans of him.

Kelly, freshman, Mass Media Arts

“I like him honestly.”

Other students felt differently about Mr. Carson.

Zachary, junior, Undecided

“I think it’s evident of someone with no prior political experience. Carly Fiorina and Donald Trump have both been in leadership positions. Ben Carson is just a surgeon.”

Rachel, freshman, Marketing and Media Studies

“I don’t like him.”

Trevin, sophomore, Computer Science

“I think that it shows corruption in the political system. The fact that he’s gotten this far based upon lies is ridiculous.”

Addison, freshman, Biology

“I don’t like him. I don’t think he has good policies and that he bites the hand that feeds him. Kanye reached out to him and he said no.”

Kyle, freshman, Business

“Who’s Ben Carson?”

A couple students didn’t know much about Ben Carson.

Crystal, freshman, Computer Science

“I’ve heard of him, but I don’t know anything about him.”

Many students had pretty strong opinions about him.

Tim, freshman, Advertising

“I feel like Ben Carson went down the drain a couple of weeks ago.”

Brett, freshman, Finance

“If he wins the nomination, then the Republicans will lose the White House. All of his stories are going to get blown up by the media.”

Matt, freshman, International Business

“I feel like he’s going about his campaign the wrong way. He’s going to lose a lot of votes with what he’s saying.”

Ian, freshman, International Business

“I don’t know how you could run for president and not think these things would come up.”

Everett, freshman, Risk Management

“I don’t know why he felt the need to make this stuff up when he’s already proven himself to be a smart, successful person.”

Overall, the reactions to Carson’s comments and actions were mostly negative. If Ben Carson wants to garner more votes on UGA’s campus, then he may need to turn it around.

University of Georgia