Mac ‘n’ Cheese kid posts heartfelt apology video

‘I am ashamed…I really am ashamed of myself’

Luke Gatti, UConn’s eminent mac-and-cheese memester, posted an apology-video on Youtube Sunday night for his tirade against a Union Street manager who refused Gatti service.

A nine-minute video of an intoxicated Gatti verbally and physically assaulting the manager went viral last week, appearing on Conan talk show, and being covered extensively by The Washington Post, Hartford Courant and Deadspin.

In the video, Gatti admits that he was intoxicated, and extends his apologies to the Union Street staff, his friends and family, and every UConn student, for his rude and embarrassing behavior.

“I want to start by apologizing to all the staff involved in my incident, especially the manager,” Gatti said. “He gave me so many chances to walk away.

“At the time, to say the least, I was very intoxicated. And when I watch it, I couldn’t even believe it was me in it. I was just watching it thinking, ‘OH MY GOD! What the hell is wrong with me?’”

Possibly borrowing adjectives from his last landmark YouTube video, Gatti refers to himself as an “asshole” with a “big mouth” who is “stubborn, and stupid.”

Gatti tops off the video as awkwardly as jalapeno and bacon top a bowl of mac and cheese, by asking viewers to stop donating mac and cheese to his home, and instead, donate it to a local food shelter.

“To all of those that want to send donations of mac and cheese to me, please just send it to your local food pantry, there’s a lot of hungry people out there.”

Noticeably missing from Gatti’s video is an apology to the UMass police department for shouting, “Fuck you, nigger” at an officer, and assaulting another while in custody.

Gatti is currently being charged with Breach of Peace in the second degree, and criminal trespass. His bond was set at $1500, and he is due to appear in court Oct. 13.

University of Connecticut national-us