UChicago is officially the second smartest US college

We beat Harvard and Yale

Business Insider has released a new ranking and guess who’s number two? The University of Chicago.

A new ranking system developed by research scientist, Jonathan Wei, ranks based on standardized test scores to create the ultimate ranking of the 50 smartest institutions in the country.

USNews Rankings previously put UChicago in third place tied with Yale behind Princeton and Harvard, people wondered if it was as high as UChicago could get, supposing it could never displace Harvard or Princeton.

But at last, here is a ranking that places UChicago above those seemingly unmovable institutions, sitting happily, as the second highest average SAT score of 1505, with only California Institute of Technology ahead with an average SAT of 1545.

Some UChicago students took the news in stride, not thinking too much of it.

Daisy Barbanel, a first year told The Tab: “It just means we’re very good at taking tests.” While Jonathan Soohoo laughed, saying: “Yay more meaningless validation!”

Troy Hu, a first year in the college, simply said: “Nerds.”

Whether you believe the SAT is an accurate measure of “smarts” it certainly is a measure of a kind of “smarts”, and in that kind UChicago can be proud in saying they are number two.

University of Chicago