We tried that new sushi place so you don’t have to

Temakira anyone?

The University Town Center just welcomed its newest restaurant so the we decided to give it a try.

Michelle, Chloe, and Anja

The neat and clean sushi place says trendy but comfy with its mod square tables and padded benches. Temakira also provides wifi to customers. This isn’t a bad option for a hungry student looking for quick protein and a place to study. However, the space is small, so it could overcrowd quickly.

The menu is pretty extensive – boasting 14 speciality rolls ranging from a traditional Tekka roll (Tuna, cucumber with wasabi cream), to a Shimparagus (Shrimp, krab mix, avocado and eel sauce).

If none of those suit one’s taste buds, Temakira also offers custom rolls as an option. Patrons can pick from eight protein options and can also chose other grains and fillings. The combinations are endless, amounting to over 1,000 different possibilities.

Michelle : I ordered the viva roll. I love sushi. It just looks very peculiar, like the shape of it

Chloe: I ordered a poke roll. I’m so excited.

Anja: I got a miso soup. I do like sushi and I like miso soup. It has to have the perfect amount of saltiness.

First Bite

Michelle: It’s really good. It’s like spicy but its sweet at the same time and the cucumber makes it taste fresh.

Chloe: 10/10 ! I give it five stars. It’s really good and fresh. There are like Hawaiian flavors

Anja: I’ve had better. It’s pretty good. It could use a little bit more flavor I guess. I feel like miso soup has to be pretty salty. Out of ten, I’d give it an eight.

Bottom Line

Temakira has some pretty sick hand rolls, their miso soup, however, may not be anything to write home about.

UC Irvine