Three sexual assaults reported at this weekend’s Greek Theater concert

Any information about these or similar incidents can be reported to the UCPD

Three sexual assaults were reported to the University of California, Berkeley police this weekend at Berkeley’s Greek Theater.

Each assault occurred at the Mad Decent Block Party concert on September 10.

According to the UCPD, “On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 7:00 a.m. UCPD received a report of a sexual assault that had occurred the night before at a concert in the Greek Theater.  The unaffiliated female victim was attending the concert and met a stranger who sexually assaulted her at the event.”

The stranger is described as “A Hispanic male, 21 years old, 5’7” in height, with a medium build, wearing a multi-colored tank top, dark shorts and a hat.”

In a similar assault occurred at about 8pm.

“The victim, an 18 year-old female student, was standing in line at a restroom when the suspect took her to an unknown location within the venue where she was sexually assaulted.”

In this instance, the suspect was described as: “A White male, between 5’11” and 6’1” with an athletic build, with brown hair, blue eyes, wearing a floral short sleeved shirt and khaki shorts.”

As for the third assault, it was reported that the victim was a UC Berkeley student.

No details about the suspect are available at this time.

Any information about these, or similar incidents can be reported to:

“University of California Police Department
Criminal Investigation Bureau

(510) 642-0472 / 8AM–5PM / during business hours, except holidays
(510) 642-6760 / All other times”

UCPD also offers the following safety tips:

“Rape and sexual assault are never the fault of the survivor. It is the behavior of the perpetrator that is wrong.

“If you are the victim of a sexual assault and are not ready to speak to the police, call the UHS Advice Nurse (510) 643-7197 to determine the best plan for taking care of yourself. (When Tang is closed, call Bay Area Women Against Rape: (510) 845-7273.”

UC Berkeley