Berkeley’s reputation ranked sixth in the world

Only 6th?

The rest of the world is catching onto what an amazing place our school really is.

Citing our history of greatness, including our long list of Nobel laureates, world-renowned authors, and Olympians, the Times Higher Education ranked us sixth out of all of the universities in the world.

Standing proud like the rest of us

The results were calculated based on research, teaching, and overall awesomeness. Ahead of us, we have Harvard, MIT, some other California school that no one cares about, Cambridge, and Oxford. That leaves us ahead of literally every other school in the world, including 7 Ivy League institutions. Not too shabby!

The report said: “The University of California, Berkeley, a public research university, is regarded as one of the most prestigious state universities in the US. Part of the University of California System, it was founded in 1868.”

The Times Higher Education cited our Nobel laureates, attractions, history of activism, and sporting achievements as part of what makes our school so fantastic.

“Notable alumni include novelist and journalist Jack London, Oscar-winning actor Gregory Peck, former prime minister and president of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, author Joan Didion and Women’s World Cup-winning US footballer Alex Morgan.” Just to name a few.

Go Bears!

UC Berkeley