BREAKING: What we know about the incident at The View so far

Police have issued a warrant for the arrest of a man who left The View earlier tonight

At approximately 9:45 p.m., residents of The View were told to remain in their rooms and lock their doors in order to remain safe, according to multiple sources.

Those living in The View were not given any further details about what was occurring.

"I looked out my window and saw two cops standing by one of the parking lot gates, as if they were waiting for someone to exit the building," said Colin Wilhelm, a sophomore Finance major.

“It's a very scary situation because I didn’t know what was going on but it seemed like people from the outside did.”

Many residents were concerned with the lack of information sent to them during this period.

According to resident Lisa Cunningham, a sophomore Journalism student, "The situation at The View was definitely scary. I wish that we were told more information because then I would have felt safer. It was a lot of he said, she said."

At 11:27 p.m., The Temple News released a statement on Twitter reporting that police were in fact looking for a man who was seen leaving The View on security footage. No other details were provided about the man's appearance or whereabouts.

Katie Riesberg, a sophomore Finance major said, “I wish that The View and Temple would communicate to us better. There were many cop cars and SWAT vans on 12th street. This is our home so it’s scary when we don’t know what is going on.”

The Tab Temple attempted to reach out to police, but were told to call back tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: The View residents received an email explaining the reasoning for the police activity.

The email stated, "Around 9PM, a resident contacted Temple Police with a request to remove one of their guests from their building. The guest left peacefully and without issue prior to the police arriving. Police and our on-site security team reviewed camera footage and walked the building to ensure that the guest had vacated the premises. Following the review the police left the premises."

Temple University