Hatfield, Pennsylvania: A small town of great things

More than just a meat company

Hatfield is a small town about an hour or so outside of Philadelphia. It’s home to friendly people, and its only claim to fame is its meat packaging company bearing its name. While many have to go into neighboring towns for fun, Hatfield is a town packed with amazing things its residents love and cherish.

Hatfield Quality Meats is what residents brag about

People seem to be very familiar with the meat company, even if they do not have a clue where our town is. Hatfield products can be seen throughout the country, so it’s something we take pride in producing.

School Road Park is the best park around

From soccer and baseball fields to walking paths and a pavilion, this park has something for everyone. Musicfeast concerts are the highlights of the summer. Who can go wrong with a fee concert and a $1 meal? People walk around the paths for exercise and kids enjoy camps there.

You’ve been to American Legion several times

Whether it was a sweet sixteen party or a graduation party, you have attended (or at least were invited to) a party at the Hatfield American Legion post. The annual Memorial Day parade ends at the Legion with a service. Even the Moving Wall, a replica of the Vietnam Wall, made a stop at the Legion. There was always something being held at the American Legion.

Heidelberg United Church of Christ is described as “the church with the giant Hershey’s Kiss window”

Members of the church use this description to explain where their church is, and people familiar with the church see this window as an icon. When this church is explained, people immediately know what is being discussed, even if they did not know the name of the church.

Our roads are one of a kind

From a narrow bridge to more curves than can be counted, Line Lexington Road always takes people by surprise. It is also very dark at night since there are no light posts. People generally view this road as a “rollercoaster” because of the curves or a nightmare because of the bridge.

You cannot go anywhere without seeing someone you know

Whether your grocery shopping or walking around the park, it is very like that you will run into someone you know. You are friends with your neighbors and you know a lot of people around town just from seeing everyone constantly because it is a small town. Your outings are never without a friendly face.

Thanks to SEPTA, Philadelphia is just a train ride away

You most likely live near the Fortuna or Colmar Regional Rail stations, even though they’re not technically in Hatfield. If you don’t, you either drive to one or you know the quickest bus route. This allows you to easily get to Philly easily, whether you are going for a field trip or for a day in the city.

Hatfield is home to a pretty famous seminary

Local Christian radio stations make mention of it constantly and people from all over world attend. If you went to Hatfield Elementary School, you may have seen it on a daily basis. It is a little-known thing that it is there, and people pass it so much that it gets overlooked.

The Trolley Stop is one of your favorite places to grab a quick snack

While Hatfield has a Wawa and a 7-Eleven, your go-to convenience store is the Trolley Stop in town. It has everything from coffee and snacks to lottery tickets. If you were catching a parade in town, you would grab a bite to eat there to snack on during the parade.

When Preston Elliot from the Preston and Steve Show was in town, you HAD to go meet him

It’s not everyday that a celebrity of any magnitude comes to Hatfield, so when he was at Sequoia Outback, you made every effort to go see him. You got there pretty early to make sure you were one of the firsts in line. This may have also been the first time you were at the store.

You smile when you see Buyer’s Choice items in your travels because you live within miles of the factory

Buyer’s Choice carolers are known across the country. While many are the same from place to place, certain places have carolers that are unique. You find it amusing that people make a big deal of them or are confused by what they are because you have been to the factory at least once. Between their museum, tours, and events, they have plenty to check out.

Hatfield may seem boring to outsiders, but its residents know that there’s more than meets the eye. From go-to ice cream shops to awesome people, there is a lot to love about this small town. This tiny town is loved by all who have witnessed its loveliness.

Temple University