Why incoming freshmen said yes to Temple

Maybe it isn’t just because of the football team’s success

As current Temple students are in the midst of planning their schedule for the Fall and getting ready for summer, future Temple students are busy finding their roommates, dorms, and summer orientation groups.

The applications for Fall 2016 were record-breaking, becoming the largest application pool ever in Temple history. The incoming class this year is predicted to be the largest, smartest, and most diverse.

Some people like to think that is due to the success of Temple’s football team this past year, but really it is a combination of things. Temple University has been in the news for many different things recently, like HIV research, campus renovations, and award-winning programs.

The Tab asked incoming freshmen why they decided Temple was the right fit. Many students said they knew the moment they stepped on campus.

Riley Kontra, 18, Undecided

“I chose Temple for the incredible sense of pride each student has for the school. Being an owl opens up a world of possibilities for my future while putting me in the welcoming atmosphere in Philadelphia. I’m looking forward to joining the amazing community of passionate students and faculty.”

Rachel Olsen, 18, Biology

“I chose Temple because I want to be a dentist and Temple has one of the best dental schools. I plan on majoring in Biology with a pre-dental track. My sister went to Drexel, which is why I fell in love with Philly! Temple was the best option for me because of its location and all that it had to offer.”

Lorran Rodrigues, 19, Undecided

“I chose Temple because of the city environment and campus.”

Jenni Kulak, 17, Undecided

“I chose Temple because it felt like a home away from home. Temple has everything I could want in a school and I can’t wait to spend the next four years being in a place I love.”

Eric Friedman, 17, Business Finance/ Computer Sciences

“I chose Temple because I honestly love everything about it. I like the parties, people, and the school itself. On top of that Temple is only a half hour away from where I live so when I move out I won’t be far from family. The city is also a great place to be and will definitely help me build connections for my future.”

Vanessa Ioanidi, 17, English

“I chose Temple because of the plethora of opportunities Temple University offers. I believe it will open doors for me that I never knew existed.”

Zachary Smith, 18, Biology

“I chose Temple University because the mix of living in the wonderful city of Philadelphia while also getting a great education at the same time cannot be beat.”

Jessie Connolly, 18, Biology

“I chose Temple because it’s close to home and it has a brand new science building. It is also a respected school for science majors. Their sports, especially football and basketball, have been so fun to watch and I can’t wait to be a part of it all.”

Tim Rosenhoover,18, Accounting/ Finance

“I chose Temple because of the Fox School of Business and the great location of the school.”

Lauren Dempsey, 17, Criminal Justice/ Psychology

“I chose Temple University because of its city location and the diverse and welcoming atmosphere.”

Shira Freiman, 17, Psychology

“I chose Temple because it’s where I feel most at home. The minute I stepped foot on campus I knew in my heart that this is where I want to be.”

Temple University