Everyone is in the best mood because of the weather

When the week after spring break feels more like spring than the break ever did

Although Temple seemed to be the only school in the nation that had spring break start at the end of February, we’re fortunate enough to enjoy this beautiful weather on our lively campus.

While the 80 degree weather only lasted for two days, the memories that came with it will be something all of us will remember.

A line formed at Mr. Softie’s ice cream truck

From the reemergence of the Mr. Softie ice cream truck to the impromptu dance parties at the Bell Tower, spring has officially sprung at TU. Everyone seems to be enjoying it to the max because we all know it won’t last (unfortunately).

While 60 degrees and sunny is still much more pleasant than 20 degrees and snowing, I don’t think Philly is ready for a long term heatwave just yet since it’s not even the first day of Spring – which is March 20th.

If you were sitting on the Beach and enjoying the rays or doing homework, you were unknowingly enjoying the company of your fellow Owls and maybe even their furry companions.

Everyone seems to emerge from their dorms or apartments when the cold weather finally breaks and that silent unity is what makes TU such an awesome place to be.

Lots of students sitting at the Beach between classes

All over campus people decided to celebrate the weather in some pretty eccentric ways. Students were seen dancing with hula hoops on the Beach while others were breakdancing in front of the Bell Tower. Towards early sunset on Wednesday a large group of students were seen dancing together in unison to a song played by a DJ who set up shop right in front of Beury Hall.

The springtime weather was a delightful treat for students, like me, who unfortunately had midterms this past week. Sitting outside and enjoying the warm breeze with no weight on our shoulders made for an incredibly relaxing two days. Nothing is better than lying in the grass with the smell of hookah smoke in the air while relaxing with a few good friends and some snacks that fulfill your need for munchies.

Although the sun was almost gone, it was warm enough to be outside and comfortable

Hopefully the next time the summer vibes blow through for good, Temple will be just as lit as it was yesterday and today!

Temple University