Can we talk about the fact that Temple doesn’t have an ice cream shop?

Ice cream, ice cream, TU screams for ice cream

Have you ever questioned why Temple University does not have an ice cream shop on campus?

It was one of the first realizations for me when I arrived on campus. Eating ice cream was a daily routine for me back at home, but after leaving for college that aspect of my routine changed. The first few weeks of college I was going through withdrawal.

A lot of students agree that an ice cream shop would be a nice addition to our campus. Dairy Queen, Cold Stone, Maggie Moo’s, or an authentic ice cream shop would satisfy this craving for so many students.

On campus there are only a few options to get something ice cream related.

J&H Dining Hall

For those without meal plans this is not the best option. I personally do not want to pay for an entire meal when I just want an ice cream cone or something to please my sweet tooth.

Although, you can make wonderful friends who swipe you in every once in a while.

Luv’n Spoonful

On 15th St. a frozen yogurt place is located under the Edge, but it does not fit my personal satisfaction. It seems to have a very limited option of choices. However, in desperate times, it will do.

Wendy’s

Here you can enjoy a yummy Wendy’s frosty, but it still doesn’t count as actual ice cream.

Potbelly

You can get a milkshake from Potbelly, which, admittedly, is definitely satisfying if you are in the mood for a good shake.

Philly Style/ Munchies

Located on Broad St. both of these late-night favorites sell milkshakes as well. Sometimes you can even score a free one if you go at the right time.

Fresh Grocer/ 7-11

Of course you can go to both of these stores and buy a carton of ice cream, but it isn’t the same feeling as going to get your own.

Ice-Cream Truck

The Ice-Cream truck comes to the Bell Tower in the late afternoon. Sadly, it only comes when we have nice weather.

All of these options are okay in desperate times, but Temple University needs to look into opening an actual ice cream place. I would be a regular customer.

Temple University