BREAKING: Controversial rape advocate meet up CANCELLED

The international meet up was going to be held on Saturday February 6th

The meet up was going to be held on Saturday at Washington Square Park.

A blog titled “Return of Kings,” exclusively allowing “heterosexual, masculine” men to contribute, was organizing a movement to gain momentum across the country.

However, due to the extreme backlash from media and social networks, the group cancelled all 165 meetings.

“I can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend on February 6th, especially since most of the meet ups can not be made private in time. While I can’t stop men who want to continue meeting in private groups, there will be no official Return Of Kings meet ups. The listing page has been scrubbed of all locations. I apologize to all the supporters who are let down by my decision.”

ROK considers their following a “community.” With a website demonstrating their ideology, plans, and goals, this group refuses to be silent any longer. The group is “meant for a small but vocal collection of men in America today who believe men should be masculine and women should be feminine.” They also note that “women and homosexuals are strongly discouraged from commenting here.”

The group’s creator

Once their plan to come together in major cities across the United States and 42 other countries, the media started to pay attention.

“We will have 165 meetings in 43 countries for our international meetup day on February 6, 2016 at 8PM local time. Hosts have been instructed to wait at the meeting point from 8:00-8:20pm before moving on to the final location. If you arrive at the meeting point at 8:21pm, you will miss the meetup…To identify your fellow tribesmen, ask the following question to a man you suspect is there for the meetup: ‘Do you know where I can find a pet shop?’ If you are asked this question, answer in the affirmative: ‘Yes, it’s right here.'”

Many social networks, including Twitter in particular, began spreading the name of this notorious group; and not in a positive way. Instead, most of the posts regarding it served as warnings or awareness of their impending plan. The backlash then quickly ensued.

Major publications, including CBS, the Toronto Sun and the Washington Times, immediately grabbed hold of the details. The leaders of these events then tried to make these details a little more private by listing specific e-mail address underneath corresponding cities on the schedule. Those interested would the have to send a message to said e-mail and await to see if they are granted or denied access.

However, the e-mail process ultimately failed as well. ROK was forced to cancel all events. Who would have guessed?

Temple University