How to survive this snowstorm without getting too bored

Huddle like penguins

Winter has officially arrived and the first big snow storm for Philly is here.

Walking to class this week in 20 degree weather has been brutal. More and more layers are being added to your wardrobe and you have an increased desire for a hot chocolate or a hot coffee while the first five minutes of every class has been spent defrosting from the harsh cold that you just endured.

Well sadly it’s about to get a lot worse.

Recently there has been a lot of talk regarding how much snow we will get this weekend. Some forecasts say only a few inches while others say Philly could receive up to 18 inches. But no one will know how big this snow storm will be until it hits us.

Many of you plan to take the train or drive home to avoid getting snowed in this weekend. But for those who can’t escape the storm, what is there to do so you don’t drive yourself crazy in your dorm or apartment this weekend?

Invite all of your friends over and get snowed in together

Don’t be locked in all alone. Have an old-fashion sleepover with a bunch of your best friends.

Bake, bake, and bake more

Who doesn’t love to relive childhood memories of baking cookies during a snow day.

Do work

Although you may not want to, a snow storm may be just what you needed to push you to do that project you’ve been putting off for months. Or get ahead of your classes by doing a few projects or essays and you’ll be thanking yourself later.

Organize and clean

No one wants to waste a nice day inside organizing and cleaning out an apartment or dorm room. But maybe this snow storm can help give you a reason to straighten out your messy life.

Netflix and Chill (with hot chocolate)

Enjoy doing what every college student loves because now you have a good reason to stay in bed and watch Netflix all day long. Do it by yourself, with friends, or make it a date.

Go Sledding

Why not go into the city and enjoy a day of sledding just like old times…you are never too old.

Have a party

Don’t let the snow stop you. Everyone is sitting inside wishing they could go to one anyway!

Be crafty

Rainy and snowy days are the best days to sit inside and do all of the Pinterest DIY’s that you have been pinning lately.

Temple University