Meet Temple Made musical sensation Michael Berg

From the moment he held a guitar, Michael knew music was going to be a part of his life

As a student at Temple, you are immersed in a campus full of a wide range of talent – that is what makes our university so unique.

For many, these talents become a passion, which is exactly what happened to Temple senior, Michael Berg.

Michael first found his talent about 35 minutes outside of Philly in Norristown, PA. The moment he picked up a guitar in eighth grade, he knew there was a connection between his life and music.

About seven years ago, he transformed that connection into his passion and began to pursue his career in the music industry.

He now writes music, as well as, raps and records hip-hop songs.

He told The Tab: “I’d say I am a little more passionate about my ‘acoustic soul music’, as I like to call it.”

Michael feels he’s the most creative when writing these types of songs because he starts from scratch, as opposed to just rapping over a pre-made beat.

In 2014 he released an EP titled “Philadelphia Skyline,” available on iTunes, Spotify and YouTube. He also has created four mix tapes dating back to 2011, available on Datpiff, YouTube and Soundcloud.

Michael has performed at The Grape Room in Manayunk, Time Restaurant in CC and Connie’s Ric Rac in South Philadelphia.

In the future, Michael has high hopes to continue progressing, getting better each day and fully understanding how to best market his music. He plans to produce another full musical project, similar to “Philadelphia Skyline.”

“I need to put myself in a position where I have access to all the instruments I need, and produce an album with A+ quality.

“Perhaps finding someone else to produce my album might be the best idea, but I feel that I just need to network with different musicians in order to get the music that’s in my head, and make it concrete.”

To follow Michael Berg’s music career, follow him on Twitter and Instagram.

To access most of his music, follow his SoundCloud page.

Temple University