Want to sing the National Anthem at the UConn game?

Anyone can sing the national anthem at the Owls’ last home game, for a small price

If you’ve ever dreamed of singing the National Anthem for a college football game, now is your opportunity to shine. Temple University is still looking for someone to sing the anthem at the last home game against UConn on Saturday, November 28.

Temple offers the opportunity to sing the anthem on field if you sell a certain amount of tickets. In order to perform, a group or a soloist must sell 100 tickets at a price set by Temple.

For the next home game against Memphis on November 21, Unionville High School’s chorale needed to sell 100 tickets for $15 in order to earn their spot, which is the average price of tickets needed to be sold.

Allison Boyle, Temple theatre major who sang with her sister at the Notre Dame game on Halloween, sold 145 tickets for $60 per ticket, bringing in $8,700 of ticket sales.

Audition tapes are required first before being approved to sell the tickets, so some musical talent is necessary to perform at a Temple football game.

Anthem performance opportunities aren’t the only things that come with selling tickets. Four other fan experiences – high fiving players in the tunnel, touring the stadium before games, dance groups performing at halftime and youth teams playing on the field at halftime – are all available for purchase if groups or individuals sell a predetermined amount of tickets.

Temple’s reasoning for selling these spots for singing the anthem and fan experiences are to boost attendance to games and further grow their fan base.

It isn’t unheard of for an opportunity to go unsold. If someone isn’t booked for UConn, the band will play the anthem.

As great as the band is, it would be pretty cool for a Temple student to shine.

Happy selling!

Temple University