The confidence in Temple football continues

Only four points away from continuing on with an undefeated record…

For weeks Temple students had been looking forward to the Temple vs. Notre Dame football game. The entire campus was full of spirit and excitement this past week as Temple prepared for the crucial game, which took place on Saturday night at the Linc.

This was the first time in school history that Temple, ranked No. 21, would play against another top ranked team. Between the pep rally on Friday afternoon, College Gameday on Saturday morning and the tailgates on Saturday afternoon, Temple fans were more than ready for the game to begin. This would be the test for Temple football to determine whether they could compete with a top ranked team.

The game tuned out to be a nail-bitter as both teams were tied up in the fourth quarter. But, ND was able to finish out the game with a final score of 24-20. Temple fans turned their excitement into sadness; Temple football would no longer have an undefeated record. They were only a few points shy from beating a No. 9 ranked team.

The Tab asked students how they felt after the team’s loss this weekend. Most students praised the football team for their hard work and feel they are worthy of being in the Top 25.

Haley Oshatz, 18, Communication Studies

“I still have plenty of confidence in the team and I’m very proud of our school.”

Nicole LaBelle, 20, Criminal Justice

“It sucked that we lost, but I wasn’t really disappointed in them.”

Allie Cox, 20, Advertising

“Overall we did great. Four point away from beating Notre Dame at the last second? If anything Notre Dame should be sad.”

Jerome, 20, Media Studies and Production

“Despite the loss I’m still proud of the team and to be a Temple Owl. We gave ND a good fight and the loss was honorable. They gave their best during the game and never gave up…and that’s what matters.”

Jeremy Bell, 18, Business Finance and Human Resources

“I am very proud of the team against ND. We really fought hard and played with a whole lot of heart against a very talented team. And for a huge underdog to only lose by four points in the last two minutes of the game is incredible in itself! There is no shame at all. Let’s get ready for next week… GO OWLS!”

Elizabeth Leer, 18, Journalism

“I was really happy with the results. I thought it was going to be a lot worse. I read a lot of articles and they all praised Temple. We proved that we deserve to be ranked in the Top 25.”

Kyle Kashar, 20, Engineering

“I was proud of the way we played against Notre Dame. We played very well and overall it was a great game to watch.”

Jessica Sonino, 18, Communication Studies

“Watching the game was so entertaining but I was disappointed we lost.”

Logan Moritz, 18, Media Studies and Production

“I still have confidence in the team because we did really well and impressed the nation.”

Henna Shah, 19, Biology

“I didn’t expect that ending, since we were winning, so it was sad when we lost. Since we were undefeated I was hoping we were going to win. But, I have hope in the team for the rest of the season.”

Temple University