Hungry like the Wolf: Blitzer comes back to Temple

Just another alum passing down some wisdom

Wolf Blitzer came to Temple yesterday and no, it was not to report on crimes happening around campus like we’ve seen from other news outlets these past few weeks (looking at you 6 ABC and Fox 29).

The renowned CNN anchor was here receiving the 15th Lew Klein Excellence in the Media Award at the annual ceremony hosted by the School of Media and Communication.

Before the ceremony, students had the chance to sit down with Blitzer and his pal Paxton Baker, another Temple alum, for a quick Q&A session.

Just like any other guest speaker, he told us to get internships, fact check and stay fair to all sides, but most importantly, Blitzer and Baker advised us to always stay motivated.

Blitzer explained applying passion, thinking on your feet, and a drive will help us get ahead in the competitive world of journalism.

Although denial from employers can dampen your spirit, it’s important to always have that drive and to “keep a fire in your belly.”

Baker agreed, following up with how he worked up to three jobs, volunteered, and completed school work during his time at Temple.

As a result of his hard work and determination, Baker was able to obtain a job at CNN. Without that fire, he said, he would not have been able to handle his extensive amount of work.

Luckily for us, Temple knows how to take charge.

Temple University