Owls talk about Temple’s ranking as an underrated party school

Underrated my ass…

According to PhillyVoice.com, Temple has received a slot as one of the most underrated party schools. Although us Owls already knew that we know how to throw down, many others did not.

We asked the student body if they felt the same way.

Nate Perry, ’16, Strategic Communications: Organizational Leadership

“I think it’s an appropriate title for Temple to hold. Although it shouldn’t be underrated, it’s hard to record all of the partying in such a large city with so many options. Party on Owls!” 

Julie Delconte, Proud Alum’15, Advertising 

“Out of all the colleges located in Philadelphia, I’d have to say Temple has the most to do! Cool bars, packed parties, but my ultimate favorite are the block parties when the weather is nice. Everyone comes together and takes over the block with live DJ’s, free stuff, dancing, drinking and having a great time in the sun! No cabs needed.

Dara Pinkus, ’16, Media Studies and Production 

“I think that we are definitely one of the most underrated party schools for sure. It’s all about the TUrn up and Temple and everyone knows and is aware of that. I take advantage of what the city has to offer and have plenty unforgettable nights with wild friends and encounters that I most likely can remember to the T (cause I’m usually browned out, hopefully not blacked out).”

Meredith Hebert, ’16, Advertising

“I’m not surprised Temple made the list of underrated parties. There’s not a day of the week that my apartment walls aren’t vibrating from loud music or the streets aren’t swarming with thirsty students. Personally, I remember parties through specific stories. Like that one time me and my roommate covered a drunk passed out kid in kcups. We called him a k-rex. I don’t remember where or when it took place. But I remember the story.”

Alanna Cammack, ’16, Strategic Communications

“I’ve always thought that Temple has a more exciting and extensive party scene than some other major schools. We definitely don’t get the credit we deserve for our school spirit, determination and passion to have a good time. I’ve visited Penn State before for a party and was extremely underwhelmed. 

“Temple has so much to offer both on and off campus. If you live on 18th St, don’t expect to get any sleep. There’s always a great house party to crash. My friends that come to visit me always know they’ll have a good time here. We are the T, but trust me, tea is not in this cup!” 

Justin Capek, Temple Law ’17

“Without a doubt, Temple definitely deserves it spot on the list of the most underrated party schools. Despite Temple’s campus being embedded in allegedly one of the more dangerous areas of Philadelphia, Temple students embrace their nightlife freedom far more than any other school in the area.

“On any given weekend, thousands of Temple students are pouring in and out from one raging row-home party to the next until the early hours of the morning. The article only scratches the surface of the unique nightlife around Temple. No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.”

Stephanie Rivard, ’16, Kinesiology

“Temple is 100% an underrated party school. When it comes to our campus bars, there’s irresistible specials every single night of the week, so kudos to them for always satisfying the student body thirst 24/7. There’s always a squad that’s down to go out anytime, Temple students will use literally any excuse to turn up. Win? Lose? Get an A? Get an F? They all mean the same thing.

“When it comes to the off-campus house parties that happen every weekend, you’re gonna want to get ready those 10 extra minutes early, otherwise you might not be able to squeeze into those super-crowded teeny tiny sweaty basements that are home to so many of those Temple Makeouts photos we all see on Twitter everyday. But don’t worry, even if you don’t make the cut to wiggle through some frat house’s sacred doors, there’s 50 other people on the street trying to do the same thing – you can all miraculously become drunken BFFs and go throw a dance party in Philly Style since their music’s probably better anyway.

“I know a girl that once met the love of her life waiting in line for her Chinese food at Temple Star – the relationship lasted a whole 15 minutes. Who said you had to be at an actual party to be turnt?”

Temple University