Maybe we don’t suck at football?

What a time to be alive

Temple football does not actually suck. For the first time since 1974, the Temple Owls are 4-0 making Temple football the best Philadelphia sports team this year.

Going into this season, students were only concerned with making sure that the Owls beat Penn State because Temple hasn’t beaten them since World War II.

Once Temple turned around the game, put PSU quarterback Christian Hackenberg in the dirt until he had a new nickname (Sackenberg), and clinched the win, a new fire was lit inside of Temple fans everywhere.

We felt as though we finally had the chance at greatness.

Fast forward to Cincinnati. The Bearcats, the worst name for a football team, were picked to win the American Athletic Conference, so Temple knew it would be a tough win. Luckily they pulled through and got another W, defeating the top choice.

People throughout the sports world finally began to look at Temple as a contender. Beating Penn State wasn’t luck and neither was beating Cincinnati.

Continuing on the away streak, Temple was able to pull out a very close win against UMass and finished their away game tour by annihilating Charlotte 37-3.

Temple fans have never been more excited or proud of their team and all of the work the Owls put in over the off season. Students and alum are showing their pride for the cherry and the white all over social media.

Post-win tweet by famous Temple alum

Victory tastes sweet and will taste even sweeter once Temple beats Tulane at home for homecoming on Saturday to make that record 5-0.

Let’s go Owls!

Temple University