Meet the SU senior who dressed up as Hillary Clinton today

We have a Hillary look-alike strutting around campus

Earlier today students spotted “Hillary Clinton” walking around the SU campus dressed head-to-toe in her best pantsuit.

As much as we wish it was Hillary making another appearance on campus, it was Syracuse’s own Shelby Guller who got campus talking. Like any SU senior on November 8th, naturally, Shelby figured that she should pull out her best pantsuit and show here support for the Clinton campaign by strutting her blonde wig around campus.

Shelby has been an avid Clintonite ever since Mrs.Clinton announced her run for President of the United States. She has been working to help people register to vote for the past two years. Shelby says, “For the past two semesters I’ve been participating on the #because campaign, a voter-registration initiative on campus. We registered people to vote at the primaries, and continued until the deadline in October.”

In her current profile picture, Shelby poses with none other than the pantsuit queen herself. As her caption, Shelby urges her fellow Facebook users to “vote for my friend here.”

Shelby actually has a very personal reason why she agrees with Hillary Clinton’s values. She says, “Hillary Clinton has represented a lot more to me than just a presidential candidate. Growing up with a working mother who always expressed the importance of not sitting around baking cookies, the both of us resonated with Hillary leading into the 2008 election.”

It wasn’t just Shelby and her mother who supported Hillary in the Guller family because, “In the 90s, my grandfather was the victim of one of Donald Trump’s schemes. He stiffed my grandfather (who put the windows in the taj mahal) millions of dollars.” As a result of this injustice, Shelby’s grandfather was actually invited, by Mrs.Clinton herself, to become a spokesperson for the Clinton campaign. The Guller family was invited to her Atlantic city rally where Shelby’s grandfather spoke. Later on, Mrs.Clinton met with the Gullers and Shelby says, “she was as lovely as she is inspiring.”

The responsibilities of a presidency are not far-fetched for Shelby. Shelby has just finished her term as the president of the sorority Delta Gamma here at Syracuse University. 

If you happen to see Shelby/Hillary on campus today, snap a quick pic! Turns out the paparazzi has already been following her around.

Moral of the story…no matter who you vote for, just make Shelby Guller’s effort worth something, and GO OUT AND VOTE!

Syracuse University