Chris D’Elia and Michael Lenoci take on ‘Cuse

With a lot of laughter also came a lot of life lessons

University Union presented Michael Lenoci and Chris D’Elia last night in the Goldstein Auditorium at 8 PM. Three hours before the show, it was announced on UU’s Instagram that tickets were officially sold out. It was a full house with a lot of laughter, and even some life lessons thrown in the mix, too.

Stand-up comedian Michael Lenoci, opened up the show humoring the crowd with jokes on “I’m 32 and single this is my life.” He continued “I knew I’d be single my whole life I planned on it!” Lenoci also cracked a few more jokes and had the crowd LOLing. “I was dating a girl in her 20s and she always needed affirmation…all girls in there 20s do is get drunk, deep throat, Snapchat and eat Chiptole.”

Chris D’Elia then took the stage and was greeted with  a round of applause. He opened with a pretty candid zinger: “I don’t really know where I am I drove here from Buffalo and now I’m here.”

D’Elia then went on to serve up some cold, hard truth- perhaps a brutal wake-up call to some in the crowd. “We’re not fucking special–we’re not special at all– it’s sad. We believe we are because adults tell us we are.”

The comedian then went on to talk about life and love. Something strikingly interesting that he said was “Life is not your movie and you are not the leader of it were extras in someone else’s movie I’m not even Chris D’Elia in this movie– I’m Comedian #2.”

He then flipped over to talking about love, which he defined as simply “hanging out with someone for too long.” Lastly, he advised the crowd of family members and students to think long and hard before popping the question to your partner. “You got to ask will you marry me from the bottom of your heart, because I asked from the tip of my tongue.”

So, remember this wise statement from D’Elia as you begin to wrap up the semester and celebrate Halloween:  “mistakes are scarier than monsters.”

Syracuse University