What have you learned since being at SU: from freshman year to senior year

Besides realizing you need to get your life together in just 4 years….

Syracuse University is home to Otto the Orange– and nearly 20,000 students. There’s a lot to take away in just four years. Students come and go, but the advice passed down from year to year almost always stays the same.

Meet the Freshman

Freshman Dana Della Cioppa shares what she has learned in just the first couple months of living on campus…

Freshman Dana Chioppa

You’re Broke – Maybe it’s the late night Calio’s and Chipotle runs????

The Lacrosse Players Are Really Hot – OK ladies. You heard it first hand. You know right now you’re about to look up the roster to see what she’s talking about…

8 AMs are the worst thing in the world – I’m sure anyone can agree with this…

The Freshman 15 is Legit -Well a little extra booty ain’t hurt nobody…

The ‘Mount’ steps are brutal especially in heelsAny girl who has ever lived on the mount… WE COMMEND YOU.

Orange On The Hill is really easy for students to get liquor – Cause if you don’t know… NOW YOU KNOW….

Meet the Senior

Senior Matt Weinstein took the question from a bit of a different approach. After almost four years of being at school, his words of wisdom ended on two very simple, but yet very complicated notes.

Senior Matt Weinstein

“Be yourself and stay open minded!” was his biggest piece of advice.

Weinstein also said that students should listen to the voice inside their head more often than they do.“As a freshman you don’t– you’re more likely to listen to those around you,” he revealed. “What I’ve learned about my senior year has nothing to do with school, it’s more of what I’ve learned from other people treating other people.” He continued, “I’m still the same person that I was four years ago when I stepped foot on this campus. I’ve stepped into different roles and different places, lost friends here and there but I still believe I’m the same person I was when I walked on this campus.”

He added that faces change and people change. Students can lose touch with some of their best friends and you can just look at it as being fortunate enough to cross paths.

So, as you can see, from freshman to senior year, your answers may change and vary. However, there’s no denying that college teaches students everything, from where the best place to buy alcohol is, to lifelong, valuable lessons.

Syracuse University