Billboard ranks SU’s Bandier Program among best music industry programs in US

The exclusive program only accepts 25 students per year

Syracuse’s highly selective music industry program, formally known as the Bandier Program for Music and Entertainment Industries, was recently ranked one of the best of its kind by Billboard Magazine. Ranked alongside universities like NYU, Belmont, and Berklee, the Bandier Program is truly one of a kind.

Shannon Fullam, a sophomore in Bandier said that the program, which only takes 25 students per year, creates a very tight-knit feel to it similar to one of “one giant family.”

The program was donated to Syracuse by Martin Bandier, a Syracuse University Trustee and Sony/ATV Music Publishing chairman and CEO. Not only does the program offer an incomparable curriculum (students take a variety of courses in Whitman, Newhouse, and the College of Arts and Sciences), but it also encourages students to work hands-on with some of the many outlets Syracuse has to offer such as WERW radio station and University Union. Students also have exclusive networking opportunities with many famous individuals working in the music industry, an asset that is truly valuable.  Many of the students in Bandier also double as entertainers, either in a band or DJ’s, and perform on campus and across the Syracuse area. Famous alums include Josh Deane, Grant Margolin, and perhaps the most notable, Drew Taggart, who serves as one-half of the hit duo, “The Chainsmokers.”

Furthermore, with it’s extensive curriculum, hands-on opportunities mixed with it’s tight-knit exclusive group of students; Bandier proves to be a significant addition to the list.

Syracuse University