Best looks from Juice Jam 2016

See if you made the cut

After waking up from a post Juice Jam nap, you roll over in bed and grab your phone. As you scroll through your camera roll, you suddenly don’t feel as bad about Fetty Wap not showing up. Instead of being bitter about his tardiness, you become thankful for Juice Jam, presented by University Union, and the bomb outfit you put together. In celebration of those outfits, here are some of the best looks from ‘Cuse’s annual fall semester concert.

Ahmad Curry, Junior

Ripped jeans are not just for the ladies! A confident guy can pull off ripped jeans if paired with a long shirt. The addition of a denim baseball cap adds another dimension to the look and coordinates well with the color of the pants.

Although I’m unsure how he kept his Stan Smith Adidas sneakers clean through the crowd, they help complete the outfit because the subtle green and white pairs well with the shirt choice as well as the rips in the jeans.

Emily Weinstein, Sophomore

Every girl should have a go-to, cool ripped pair of jeans in her closet. Whether the rips are small or large, they make more of an impact on a look than regular jeans do.

More often than not, people run into issues with the fitting of ripped boyfriend jeans because they do not hug your waist nor your legs. With that being said, with the purchase of ripped jeans should come the purchase of a dope belt. The double buckle belt is definitely an eye-catcher.

Sarafiena Watkins and Jessica Dilling, Seniors

Body suits with a deep V are always a yes in my book. The lace detail adds to the sexiness of the outfit while the high-waisted jean shorts keep the look youthful.

Karla Vera, Junior and Joie Anacker, Sophomore

So many good fashion moments captured in this photo. First of all, the small over-the-shoulder bag adds a graphic element to a simple outfit. The thickness of the black outline and letters contrasts nicely with the polished white background. It also coordinates well with the decorated white Converse.

Crop-tops and fitted ripped jeans consistently prove to create great outfits. To change the look up a bit, a Calvin Klein sports bra is a fashion forward alternative to a crop-top. Tie a flannel around your waist and throw on a pair of Adidas sneakers and the look is complete!

Bridget Hagrety, Sam Melnick, Caitlin Kearns and Bridget Mahoney, Sophomores

Every outfit you see in this photo has a denim element in it. Denim is timeless and can be worn in a variety of ways. Whether you wear a pair of high-wasted jeans with slits at the knees, an overall dress, a denim skirt, a denim jacket or high-wasted shorts with rips, you can never go wrong with wearing denim.

Darcy Feely, Alyssa Azzara and Sarah Whaley, Sophomores

Finding the right body suit can be a task and a half. But when you finally pick out one that you love, it becomes the focal point of your outfit.

Better for cooler weather, suede hats and skirts pair really well together. Patterned shirts, lace-up shirts and body suits can serve as a good divider between the suede elements to make the outfit come together.

Emily Campbell and Ryan Wachtell, Sophomores

Here we have two opposite looks. Although one is all black while the other features many colors, they both work. A black sheer lace top with a cute bralette underneath naturally pairs well with black jean shorts. The consistency of the black color keeps the outfit coordinated and the sheer element sets this outfit apart from different all black looks.

Even though the other outfit showcases pretty much every color of the rainbow, it is not overbearing because of the denim. The jeans and denim button up add a neutralness to the crazy rainbow shirt and bold bandanas.

Gabi Veira, Junior

A lot of the time, matching tops and bottoms tend to look cheesy. However, if you find the right set, your outfit is guaranteed to be on point.

This baby pink tie-dye set and pigtail buns give off boho, fun vibes, which is perfect for Juice Jam. The choker is a nice addition because it adds another element to the outfit and fills the empty space between the neck and the strapless shirt.

Follow these students’ lead and make sure your outfit is fire for the next event.

Syracuse University